Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Very Spector Christmas

The tree is all lit up, and I'm in the midst of a flurry of gift-making. There are markers and brushes and scraps of wrapping paper strewn about my living room. Just to the right of me, my cat is wrestling with a roll of ribbon. I'd say that the Christmas spirit has crept up on me once again. This joyous, childlike excitement has always been at odds with my disdain for most Christmas music, and I typically find myself skipping through almost every Christmas song I come across, sometimes rolling my eyes and dramatically plugging my ears when I hear The Little Drummer Boy or Frosty the Snowman for the 20 thousandth time. That said, my love of 1960s girl groups always outweighs any amount of musical Grinchiness that might be lurking in my little black heart. What's Christmas without a little Phil Spector production? How can anyone get excited for ol' St. Nick without The Crystals, The Ronettes, or Darlene Love?

I hope that all of you are having a marvelous holiday season! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I do love letters and new friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...