Saturday, December 4, 2010

Best Costume for the Day: Part I

Two inches of snow and counting here in the Heartland, but I have to say it's quite lovely. It helps that it isn't the icky-slushy-blowing-sideways-into-your-face kind of snow, but more the gently-falling-in-a-glittery-blanket kind that makes a girl want to hang garland and drink white russians. Of course, dressing for said glittery magical blanket of sugar cookie goodness isn't really my forte as I chose to wear the non-treadiest boots ever created to an art show this morning, and nearly broke my neck several times. Oh, the things I risk to look like some sort of Eastern European beatnik...





Vintage Fur Hat: Gift from the guy
Antique Button Necklace: Gift from Aya of Strawberry Koi
Black Turtle Neck: Pitaya
Vintage Alligator Belt: Thrifted
1940's Pencil Skirt: Thrifted
Thick Black Tights: Target
Black Leather Boots: Cynthia Rowley






5 comments:

  1. Love that skirt! And the necklace is very cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt. It looks rather snuggly! I like the idea of winter skirts, I just never seem to layer up enough to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look warm!! i'm nervous about the snow coming here! i'm so glad it hasn't yet.

    xo~jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You adorable thing! I am totally in-love that hat :D

    Love,
    Aya of Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! I do love letters and new friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...